The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and Clear Channel Airports are embarking on a plan that will create new, world-class digital media infrastructure at the region’s airports. The agreement includes a new all-digital media network as part of LaGuardia’s (LGA) reimagined Terminal C.
The Port Authority and Clear Channel signed a 12-year contract in November 2020 for the advertising franchise at all Port Authority airports. Under the contract, Clear Channel committed to upgrade the airports’ digital displays. Clear Channel is now in the process of completing that contract and modernizing the entire advertising program across Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) and LGA, with more than 95 percent of the overall investment going into highly impactful digital displays.
A digital media program was completed at LaGuardia Airport’s Terminal B earlier this year, with cutting-edge digital displays now coming to EWR and JFK later this year.
At LGA, the new all-digital displays in Terminal C feature:
- Two unique 50+ foot-wide head-on, 90-degree corner LED soffits, a first and the largest digital asset CCA has ever installed in an airport;
- An iconic 43-foot-wide video wall at eye-level, one of the largest of its kind;
- Six large LED displays positioned within key gate-hold areas;
- A network of 98-inch ultra-high-definition displays on the way to and from piers;
- Two head-on large format video walls as you descend into baggage claim; and
- A network of 75-inch portrait ultra-high-definition displays across the arrivals floor.
“The quality of the media Clear Channel is designing and integrating into Port Authority airports is more than world-class and will play a vital role in transforming the passenger and advertiser experience as well as redefining airport media,” said John Moyer, SVP, Development, CCA. “The new state of the art LaGuardia Terminal C digital media network is elegantly incorporated into the spectacular terminal design and positioned and sized for maximum impact. Unique new 90-degree digital corner locations are also perfect to showcase anamorphic content as well as being among the best media in the region.”
Overall, the new media network in LaGuardia Terminal C alone amounts to nearly 2,000 square feet of digital signage, most of it head-on or in high dwell areas with more to come as other concourses are opened.