YVR is made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! We’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have an opportunity for a permanent, full-time Manager, Commercial Services (focusing on business development and planning) in our Commercial Services Department. Reporting to the Director, Commercial Services, Terminals, the successful candidate will lead the on-going development and planning aspects in relation with the implementation of commercial programs at the Airport.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contributing to the development of the strategic plan both in the long and short-term allowing the department to meet its goals related to revenue generation, operational excellence and innovation, as well as outstanding customer experience
- Conducting strategic reviews of airport’s retail and food & beverage programs (representing more than $500M in terms of sales), space allocation (around 200K sq. ft. of commercial area) and optimal commercial mix (around 170 concessions); and identifying opportunities for future revenue growth and new revenue streams
- Identifying and presenting business cases for new or complementary offerings
- Monitoring and reporting on respective capital development program
- Negotiating future concession agreements and working closely with third parties on development opportunities including duty free, foreign exchange, retail and food & beverage
- Working with engineering and project management leads, providing business owner input and expertise in the design and planning of new commercial developments
- Providing support and direction to a team of professionals – this includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
- Contributing to RFPs
- Remaining current on all relevant innovations and trends related to commercial services both within the airport sector and beyond to proactively identify opportunities and respond accordingly
- With a view to maximizing yields and customer experiences, consistently reviewing the business with a focus on continual improvement
Key qualifications include:
- Ten years’ recent, related experience in planning, business development and negotiation and five years’ supervisory experience, supplemented by a bachelor’s degree in business; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases and rationale to senior management
- Experience in a large, multi-category retail environment with a strong commercial knowledge to drive revenue and improve customer experience
- Demonstrated program management and implementation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation experience
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills and proven experience managing and coaching teams for high performance
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Computer proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This position is open to both Airport Authority employees and external candidates. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at YVR. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at 604-303-3152 or [email protected]. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.
Reference no.: 18-39
To apply: Visit http://www.yvr.ca/en/careers/current-opportunities